lip service


sans artifice


I don't wear a lot of make up. I own a lot of make up, but I don't really wear that much at all. A small concession I make is glitter on my eyes (Mac reflects antique gold, super shiny and goes on a treat!) and a bit of mascara. Oh, and a healthy dose of lipstick. I LOVE lipstick. I love chalky ones, matte ones, shiny ones, sheer ones, ones with loads of colour and ones with barely a hint. I love the way it goes on, I love how a crimson lip can raise an outfit and a frosted one bring it down. I love how a deep plum makes you mysterious and a bright orange coral sends off all the right signals. I love how you can't hide behind lipstick - these are my lips. Here. Kiss. I love how you can go super modern - my friend wears black lipstick sometimes and it is something remarkable! - or very traditional with blush pinks and simple browns. 

I have heard good things about the Tom Ford lipstick collection, dropping into David Jones stores across Australia in August. They are lipstick drenched in colour ranging from a plum to the perfect nude with high shine and a moist, smooth finish. They are super luxurious - British Vogue said silk for the lips - and they are encased in an ivory and gold hardware that is so typical Tom Ford. Why do it if you can't go all out? He said that he imagined Julianne Moore's character Charlie from his film "A single Man" as the kind of woman who wears these lipsticks and scatters them across her dressing table. Clad in a feather-collared dressing gown she would smear some pink in the morning, some brown in the afternoon and some red, baby, red in the evening. Tom Ford says these are lipsticks for women - isn't everything he ever does for "women" - but I see his point. These are lipsticks for the woman who LOVES to wear lipstick, they are high-impact, takes-no-prisoners lipsticks. You can't make second guesses or mistakes wearing these lipsticks. You have to be bold, dynamic and in charge. 

I am none of those things, but perhaps with a tom ford lipstick.... won over by advertising, again! That's me!

X

You have read this article australia / beauty / fashion / lipstick / make up / me / shopping / sydney / tom ford / want with the title lip service. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/07/lip-service.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...