longing to stray

in no order the sart, style me romy, street peeper, flickr, tumblr, my own photos.

I am longing, and i mean really longing, to go back to New York. I know myself pretty well, and I know what this is - it's the 6 month inch, that moment when I want to splurge all my money on a ticket to sweden or something and get the hell out of here, or hang up the jacket I've been obsessing about in favour of something a little different. The biggest complaint about Sydney is that it is always the same. Sydney is just like a rut, the same cafes, the same bars, the same people everywhere. It doesn't help that every second person I meet has a glowing tan and has just got back from New York (or they're just about to go). It doesn't help that I've had about 6 reeses peanut butter cups in the past 4 days or that I'm missing my best friend like mad. It doesn't help that I've switched, perhaps on a bit of an impulse, to an American Studies major over my old history one. It doesn't help that I've been spending every spare second I have watching films like Manhattan and The Nanny Diaries (yes, yes, from the sublime to the ridiculous). It doesn't help that I've spent days trawling through nymag's restaurant reviews and I just want to go back to cafe gitane and the standard to have yellowfin tuna ceviche and a Bicyclette Rouge.The more I see the more I am reminded of New York - from frozen yoghurt to bikes to pierre hardy heels - even when those things have nothing to do with new york at all. I think that is the magic of New York that I've missed until now. If you get it under your skin you can see it everywhere, if you really love it, it never quite gets away from you.

I guess I'm in a New York state of mind.

X
You have read this article audrey hepburn / fashion / films / me / New York / new york fashion week / sex and the city / street style / street-style / travel with the title longing to stray. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/08/longing-to-stray.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...