repeat offender

Refinery 29


Who doesn't love Taylor Tomasi-Hill? She's certainly the coolest editor on the planet, if not the chicest. She's the Emmanuelle Alt of New York, the girl who the street-style photographers clamour to photograph, and whose red hair is an icon in its own right (seeing pictures of her chic, slightly grown up bob is enough to make me want to chop all my hair off and dye it red, seriously!). She's got a style that is sometimes frustrating, sometimes wonderful, sometimes on trend and sometimes very classic, but never boring. She's also an accessories stylist who actually has a good accessories eye - her spreads for Teen Vogue and Marie Claire pop with colour, texture and the glint of hidden treasure. She knows what women want - something shiny - and she delivers threefold. I want every piece of jewellery she owns!

But, and I think this is a big but, the most interesting, the most remarkable thing about Taylor Tomasi-Hill is not that she is one of the best stylists out there, or that her hair is a legend unto itself, or that wears clothes that really rock.... It's that she actually wears things more than once. I know this sounds trite, but in the fashion world you can feel a little overwhelmed by the endless parade of new season clothes with no end (hello, Anna Dello Russo). Isn't it time for an editor who actually buys clothes, loves clothes and really wears them? I know, I know, its fashion it's not supposed to be wearable or normal, it's supposed to be this crazy. But you can sometimes get a little fed up with the whole thing - the fashion industry is supposed to make us want to buy things, right? Well how do you think seeing the endless parade of outfits on some fashion editors makes us feel? Weary. That's how It make me feel. It doesn't make me want to buy anything at all, it makes me want to curl up in my room in track pants and a big hoodie.

I love that Taylor Tomasi wears things over and over again. I love that she buys things and loves them and has a key wardrobe that she works from - ripped jeans, lots of pants, a ton of blazers in different colours and some high impact prints). When you throw in her enviable trio of chanel bags and a couple of knee high boots (well, 2 to be exact), you have a fashion cocktail that is undeniably chic, and it must be said, totally drinkable. If I were a fashion editor I would want to be just like her.

It's fashion, but it's clothes too.




images all the pretty birds, mr newton, stockholm street style, the sartorialist, tfs. 

TGIF!

X

You have read this article clothes / clothing / fashion / fashion week / jealous / jewelry / photos / pictures / street style / street-style / style / taylor tomasi / teen vogue with the title repeat offender. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/08/repeat-offender.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...