the junction



When I talk of Alexa Chung as my "style icon" what I really mean is she is an "icon" full stop. I don't necessarily covet her style per se - the person whose style i most covet would be Yasmin Sewell or Taylor Tomasi, I feel like even though I love Alexa's writing, her presenting, her way with clothes, her humour, her style isn't necessarily me. It was always funny for my friends who used to marvel at the fact I could be so slavishly adoring someone who wore mini skirts and itsy-bitsy shorts - my greatest fear in life. So while I love her style, I used to think it wasn't for me. Until now.

This outfit, and there are others like it, but this is the one that drove it home, is where Alexa and my style meet. This is the junction. A little silk shirt, sleeves rolled up and tied at the waist? A pair of black pants that come in at the ankles? Some sensible but not boring mary jane flats in an antique gold? The only thing I would wear instead of that leopard mulberry alexa is my (faux) ps1, but since the shape and general demeanor of the two bags are almost interchangeable, I don't think this is a huge issue. I have worn this outfit. A lot. I love this outfit. A lot. It is a simple, unfussy outfit that makes everything easy - moving, dancing, talking, eating. No wonder Alexa wore it to this Mulberry party in Singapore where she was DJing. Can you imagine how much fun you would have, unencumbered by a sequined bolero or be-ribboned chemise while you were "spinning decks"? It's a minimal look, but it's still got those hints of personality touches.

I'm headed out to brunch with a great friend of mine that I never see anymore for a morning of chowing down on scrambled eggs, little danishes and some glorious chai teas.  I might just wear it now!

X
You have read this article alexa chung / clothes / clothing / fashion / me / shopping / style with the title the junction. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/08/the-junction.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...