note to self


french vogue, cobrasnake

I am a perennial writer-on-hand-er. It's not that I don't have a diary - I do... multiple. It's just that if something is super pressing, super important, super super, it's not enough to have it on paper. I need it on flesh, too. It's something about having it present, omnipresent - i'm always looking at it - that makes me actually do it. At school I was famous for having a hand constantly covered in scribble: 'Do English', 'Call Jo', 'JFK Research'. So much so, that at the end of year 12 I had to stop writing on my hand because the ink was sinking into my skin so much and leaving permanent marks. To this day, the vein on my left hand is slightly darker than the vein on my right. It hasn't stopped me from writing on my hand, but it has stopped me from doing it in so much volume.

Although I imagine Alexa's list are somewhat more exciting than mine (can you imagine it? 'Call Karl', 'Do Coachella Set', 'Buy Chanel Bag', 'Sienna I/V Research') it is somewhat comforting to think that even the best of us need a little reminding to get off their arse sometimes... 

X
You have read this article alexa chung / hands / me / photos / pictures / school / university / writing with the title note to self. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/08/note-to-self.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...