Go on with your bad self


I made a mixtape, because really I've either been playing 90s hip hop (the playlist for this one some other time) or smoother-than-the-smoothest funk and soul non-stop for the past 6 months and I think this deserves some kind of recognition. And also because I just got home from seeing The Sapphires, and I feel pretty good. That's what a couple of hours of good soul music will do for you. And a little bit of Chris O'Dowd doesn't hurt either. If you want to see something that doesn't pretend to be anything other than a bit of fun - and you like all that 60s motown-y stuff like me (I was grooving to Sugar pie hunny bunch at the end with the baby boomers, much to my friend's horror), then see it. I'm not sure what kind of release it's going to get overseas, but it's out now in Sydney. And, no Jessica Mauboy can't really act, but oh boy, can she sing.

one. Get Up (I feel like doing my own thing, Sex Machine) - James Brown
two. Thank you (for lettin me be myself) - Sly and the Family Stone
three. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face - Mark Ronson ft. the Daptone Horns
four. Superstitious - Stevie Wonder
five. Pass the Peas - the JB's
six. If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up - Betty Davis
seven. Shakey Ground - The Temptations
eight. Baby, I love you - Aretha Franklin
nine. Knock on Wood - Eddie Floyd
ten. Ain't Too Proud to Beg - The Temptations
eleven. What A Man - Linda Lyndell
twelve. Son of a Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
thirteen. Say It Loud (I'm Black and I'm Proud) - James Brown
fourteen. In the Basement (Pt.1) - Etta James
fifteen. Please Don't Hurt My Baby - Stevie Wonder
sixteen. Love Man - Otis Redding

X
You have read this article australia / films / movies / music / sydney with the title Go on with your bad self. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/08/go-on-with-your-bad-self.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...