hoodie

 1: turned out // 2: Model Students from T Magazine // Take Ivy, photos by Teruyoshi Hayashida, images from Amazon and A continuous lean


I'm not sure where this has come from exactly, but I've taken to wearing hoodies - all the time. I've been wearing them under coats, over over-sized sweaters, with cashmere wraps and canvas scarves and jeans and tapered trousers and chinos and everything, really. One is an old Topshop hoodie that has stood the test of time - 5 years and counting! - grey and nondescript and warm. The other is kind of ugly, it's a navy blue with the billabong slogan emblazoned in orange across the front. But it's massive and I love it! It's bizarre, the idea was kind of to look like this but in reality I look more like this. But it's okay, because I feel like all this hoodie-wearing is making me fit in more at uni with that classic student uniform of denim, sweatshirt and superga sneakers. It's gotta be my old ages (4th year and final semester!) but all of a sudden I've become fond of this university lifestyle and the elements of classic university dressing. I want a Sydney University sweatshirt - in navy blue and white of course! - and I want to start wearing it all the time. I want to start going to the college bar, not just for lunch, but actually going to hang out, I want to take as many photos of the old pile of bricks as I can. Before it's too late.

I first found out about Take Ivy through Stevie's blog, and I've been longing for a copy of my own ever since. Subsequent trips visiting my friend who goes to college in the US haven't helped at all, and even if fellas don't dress like this at my uni (at least, the majority of them don't) there's something remarkably timeless about that simple, simple men's look of jeans and tee shirt and jacket. It seems silly, but this kind of comfort student dressing: the easy shoes, the baggy knitwear, the pants with pockets for pens and quarters and sticks of gum (Darby Shaw, I'm looking at you, a cinematic style is definitely coming your way), is all I really want to wear forever and ever and always for the rest of my life. Maybe student dressing is so endearing because of the comfort that it entails. The reminders of all those good times at uni.... ahhhhh I'm getting nostalgic already and I haven't even left yet!

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / outfit / outfits / photos / pictures / sport / street style / street-style / university with the title hoodie. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/08/hoodie.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...