summer wardrobe planning - 2013: continuing thoughts



1. A massive, so-big-you-look-kind-of-homeless, wrap-around-you-three-times trench coat in the perfect shade of tobacco brown.
2. A plain black swimsuit with thin straps, low scoop back and a high leg. 
3. A leather backpack  Coach Legacy Duffle instead!
4. The perfect hat
5. An oversized smock dress, long-ish, like maybe calf length, with pockets and a boat neck in a nice neutral brown colour.
 

It's not often that I reflect on my shopping list before I've actually purchased anything, but there are few things I wanted to mull over. Firstly, I read this article on Into the Gloss by ex-WWD writer and current Into the Gloss Associate Editor Alessandra Codinha defending her decision to wear one-piece swimsuits. As a fan of the one-piece myself I have to agree with everything that she says. I am reasonably self-confident in my body, flaws and all, and that really has nothing to do with my love for the figure-hugging, full-coverage maillot. For me it is always - has always - been about glamour. I love that streamlined silhouette of a black one-piece, the kind of classic, no-nonsense sensuality of someone who knows who they are. Someone like Elizabeth Taylor, or Bo Derek, or even Farrah Fawcett with all those blown-out curls and that million-dollar Playboy smile. I haven't changed my desire to get a one-piece swimsuit, in fact, quite the contrary. Reading this article has only made me want one even more. 

Secondly, I think I'm re-thinking my desire for a backpack. I still like them objectively, and I still think that if the right one comes along (probably vintage) then I would snap it up without hesitation, but at the moment a different kind of bag is holding court over my imagination. The Coach Legacy Duffle - I think in navy blue!! The colour is so rich and intense, and I think it would look beautiful against the neutral shades of brown and khaki in my wardrobe - is the one. As I mused recently, it would make the most perfect travel bag, just the right size for everyday. The only problem - as far as bags go I've got a pretty complete collection. I don't really need another bag. So I'm going to cross off the backpack and add the Coach bag, and also sell a few of my existing bags in order to make room for another. One in, one out. That's only fair!

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / money / photos / pictures / shopping / summer / wardrobe with the title summer wardrobe planning - 2013: continuing thoughts. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/08/summer-wardrobe-planning-2013.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...