sweat


So you gotta excuse the black eye - poor Ellen Roark had just been kidnapped, beaten and left for death at the pivotal moment in A Time To Kill when Jake Brigance (Matthew McConaughey with that trademark southern drawl showing why he was born to play a lawyer, even if he never gets to take his shirt off) is going full steam ahead with his defence of Carl Lee Hailey and him and his team, including little Ellen, a freshman at Ole Miss, with her midriff shirts and her fancy porsche car, who gets caught up in the middle of all of this for better and for worse, are getting into all kinds of trouble. I was going to do a cinematic style on her, but then I got caught up in Grisham-mania and did Julia Roberts instead. And also, really, the best thing about Sandra Bullock's style in this movie is this Reebok sweatshirt. The circumstances leading up to the wearing of the sweatshirt are not ideal, but isn't it great? That perfect marle grey colour, the high-school football lettering, the blue, yellow and grey. I still want that uni sweatshirt to wear on my days off to wandering around my 'hood, buying important things like bread and fresh flowers and back issues of Vogue UK. I wouldn't mind an old Reebok one too. I wonder if there's one lurking around in my dad's cupboard...

X
You have read this article films / knitwear / menswear / movies / university / want with the title sweat. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/08/sweat.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...