chop

one // two // three


It took a little while, but I've gotten used to my short hair. Most of my friends have seen it and gasped and commented and commiserated and now I've gotten so comfortable with it that I can't really remember what it was like to have long hair. I don't really remember the sensation of tieing it back and twisting it up and plaiting it down. For me, now, life is so much simpler. I wash it, it dries. That's it. I sleep with it out or in a bun, and in the morning I pull it down and head out the door. When I had long hair I had to throw all sorts of deep, leave-in conditioners at it just to make it behave. It was dry. The colour was starting to fade. Now it's back to my natural colour, which is dark dark dark, and that was a shock at first, but I don't really miss the blonde at all. I don't miss the dry ends and the coarseness of dyed hair. I don't even really miss the length - except when I see girls with luscious long locks flick them around. But, as with all things you lose, the longer you live without it the less it hurts. There's something so easy and simple and totally uncomplicated about this slightly too-long bob that's all one length. I tuck a strand or two behind my ear and that's all. It's so healthy now that I don't need to do anything else, which I think is the way hair really ought to be. And because the bottom line of my style was, is, and always will be comfort and ease, I couldn't think of a better hairstyle to match it.

X

ps. no-one makes Carven look as good as MNZ
You have read this article carven / hair / me / photos / pictures with the title chop. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/08/chop.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...