washed out


1, 4: polaroids by Georgia on the Benah blog, got me dreaming of a washed out Paris winter eating lots of Japenese food and Rose Bakery ginger molasses snaps // 2: Into the Gloss // 3,5: Images of the Araks look book // 6: A whole bushel of cherries, perfect for making things like Cherry and Vanilla Jam, Cherry clafoutis, Cherry eton mess, Cherry pie.......

There has been quite a lot of sunshine recently in Sydney, which is sort of vaguely characteristic for August, and the city to surf is this weekend, which always seems to me to herald the coming of Spring. I don't mind the cold - never have, never will! - but I do love that kind of in-between weather where it's not too hot and not too cold (all you need is a light jacket!). I'll be covering up as the weather winds down in loose, oversized sweaters and my much-loved, well-worn-in Dicker boots and big, cosy shawls.

I popped into one of my favourite sydney stores the other day, Bloodorange, and they handed me a copy of the latest Araks lookbook. This season, designer Araks handed a disposable camera and a couple of pairs of lingerie to some of their well-heeled friends (including Alexa Chung, Natasha Royt and Natalie Joos) to shoot their own interpretation. I've always loved these kind of DIY, creative takes on look books the best (remember Miranda Kerr, captured raw, yoga-honed and totally in love in New Zealand for Rag & Bone by hubby Orlando Bloom?). Well, this one is even better. I love the hazy mood of the images and the bright light and the washed out colours. That's exactly how spring should be - tall glasses and hot evenings and cool mornings. We're still a month off, but hey, I'm starting to get in the mood for a little bit of sun!

X
You have read this article alexa chung / araks / colour / fashion / food / look books / paris / photos / pictures / spring with the title washed out. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2012/08/washed-out.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...