Dress Up



Thanks to My Chameleon I happened upon pictures of the new Dress Up look book on Miss Moss' blog. I'd seen the new collection in person at Under the Wing with Talisa, but last winter's collection is just as good (and some of it is even on sale on the Dress Up website!). My goodness it's beautiful! It captures so perfectly that Dress Up kind of mood - intelligent yet simple, bookish and reserved, quiet, unnasuming. I love that slouchy grey sweatshirt - and I mean I love it - and the mossy green boxy shirt is just lovely (and even better in person). There's something quite romantic about the many folds of that midi skirt, don't you think? It's exactly the kind of skirt I used to long to find in vintage stores and op-shops when I was going through my 1940s phase, reading only Nancy Mitford and drinking lots of tea. A skirt like that would have fulfilled my dreams of finding a garment that would fan around me as I sat down, and would ripple, yes, ripple, as I walked. I love Summer - really, I do - but looking at all this cashmere, and dark colours, and pale, un-blemished skin has me in raptures. This Winter I'm going to wear my hair out and tucked behind one ear, and give high-waisted tailored slacks a go, and wear red lipstick and shove my hands into my pockets at all times.

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / cold / long skirts / look books / me / photos / pictures / summer / want / wardrobe / weather / winter with the title Dress Up. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/12/dress-up.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...