little things


one: Isabel Marant jewellery bags // two: hand-stamped wrapping paper // three: a box of Aesop goodies // four: 2012 Moleskine diary // five: Aesop rosehip seed lip balm // six: Isabel Marant beaded bracelets // seven: Short and Sweet by Dan Lepard // eight and nine: "Small Things" chapter and detail of Me and Ro citrine necklace // ten: Vanessa Bruno silk blouse


It's my first real day off in about two weeks - Christmas doesn't count as a day off, does it? - and I'm making today all about the small things. The little things that make big days, as it were. I've always loved the little things. I revel in Christmas traditions, like spending whole nights wrapping thumb-sized chunks of home-made nougat with pieces of turkish delight gems throughout in squares of cellophane. Or in the niceties of downtime, of recorded episodes of Lewis on the TV and a steaming plate of spaghetti with butter and cheese for dinner. Or in just lying in bed, with a nice necklace on, looking at my ceiling and thinking of tomorrow. 

A couple of little things that are charming my life at the moment. Rosehip seed lip balm from Aesop, which is so rose-y that it makes me smile, and reminds me of my childhood nickname (Rosebud. haw haw haw). The Isabel Marant dustbags, with their little scribbles and hand-writing that could not fail to delight. A gorgeous Vanessa Bruno blouse that my mum picked up for me in the Boxing Day sales, a chic Navy Blue covered in the most beautiful, tiniest of tiny white stars. Dan Lepard's amazing cook book which was in my stocking on Christmas Day, an incredible pastel-hued tome that tells me exactly why butter and sugar needs to be creamed so, and why egg whites must be firm but not stiff, and why baking is so precise, questions I've always pestered mum the masterchef about and now have all the answers to. Each chapters has a cutesy title ("small things" for candies, "crusty" for pies, etc) has a gorgeous printed end paper, my favourite is this green, pink and lemon yellow number. And oh! How could I forget? Resting on that chapter is the Me and Ro necklace my parents gave me for Christmas, the littlest gold pendant with a citrine stone in the middle. I have loved this necklace for so long and was in despair when I turned up at bloodorange and saw that it was gone. Little did I know (although others did! and they kept the secret so well) that my parents had nipped in to get it for me as the most generous and thoughtful gift. It goes so well with the other me and ro necklaces I've received for my birthday, the yellow stone winking when it catches the sunlight. I'm in love! And I think my small, but perfectly formed delicate jewellery collection is pretty much complete.

X
You have read this article aesop / beauty / books / bracelets / christmas / isabel marant / necklaces / presents with the title little things. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/12/little-things.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...