opposites attract


one to four: bambi in bergdorf's campaign, from fashion gone rogue, five and six: my photos

From the sublime to the ridiculous. Today is boxing day and I've just gotten home from a mammoth shift at the store that I work at, starting at a quarter to five this morning and wading my way through crazed shoppers hunting for a deal. It was truly madness in the city today, brave are those that battled the crowds (I'm looking at you, Sophia, whom I saw bursting through the doors bright and early at 5 am!) to find the best deals. In truth, I'd rather be bare-shouldered on a beach, like the one where I spent Christmas morning, flinging aside my Benah sandals and loose dress to dive headfirst into the water. I'd rather be holding up a hand to my face and squinting into the sunlight, I'd rather be eating mangoes by the barrelful and dripping sauce onto terracotta tiles on the wide balcony of the house we stay at there, all palm springs bungalow, retro decor and a view of the ocean, silent and still. I've talked about that wonderful stretch of sun and sand and surf before, and it was amazing to be back there this Christmas, even for a whirlwind tour of two days, which really wasn't long enough.

Having said this, I found these pictures I had taken in the cold snap a couple of weeks ago. I'm still not sure which extreme - sun-kissed, sun-drenched, sun-loving or wrapped up, tucked in and turned out - I love the best. I'm lucky to live somewhere with temperate summers and winters, meaning that I truly do get the best of both worlds. It doesn't stop me longing for a white Christmas or an Indian Summer, though, but I have to say I'm quite happy with my standard Aussie Christmas prawn-and-oyster entree and my flaxen-hued sunlit days, though. I like having my cake and eating it too!

X

ps. I know this is flogging a dead horse, but MAN bambi has good eyebrows! 

pps. thanks for all the birthday wishes guys! I had a fantastic, fantastic, never-gonna-forget-it day.
You have read this article australia / coats / cold / inspiration / isabel marant / me / models / outfit / outfits / pictures / summer / winter with the title opposites attract. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/12/opposites-attract.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...