double trouble

one - garance dore, two - me

I've been wearing double rings lately and feeling pretty good about the situation. Not as fancy as Lara Melchior's number, but in the same vein, and somewhat recalling that amazing repossi ring. Somewhat. For someone who's not a big ring person, and who really only wears this YSL ring - the complete antithesis to this delicate double up number - this has been a definite adjustment. I used to take my ring off whenever I did anything, went on the computer, ate a sandwich, sliced a mango, washed my hands, sat down on a chair. I know, I know, kind of ridiculous. But once it became force of habit I did it subconsciously and it was hard to get out of it. I began leaving my ring behind - in public bathrooms, in restaurants, on shop counters. Every time I realised about 20 seconds later that I wasn't wearing my beautiful, beautiful ring and I rushed back to said bathroom, resto or shop to retrieve it and everytime I was lucky enough to encounter kind, honest people who had handed it in. Of course, it's easier to find a big hulk of jade when it's lost than it is a tiny delicate sliver of silver, or a whisper of gold. So I've taught myself to be more careful of these little guys and leave them on my hands most of the time. It's kind of touching to have jewellery that never leaves me, something that is slowly yet ever so surely becoming a part of me. I like it a lot.

A few people have been asking what the rings are. They go so well together they might as well be a pair, but they're actually two separate rings (and I love the mixed silver and gold together, oooh). The first ring is a tiny flower ring from Me & Ro. It was a gift from the lovely Talisa and Rohan and I love it so! The gold ring is the Catbird threadbare ring, and my brother's girlfriend gave it to me. The description on the site says "Thin as a whisper... shiny as flaxen hair. Barely there... glimmering and delicate." Isn't that just wonderful? I would love to get a job writing copy for a website like Catbird or La Garconne. Brand writing in general is appealing to me at the moment, ever since finding the careers tab at Net a Porter and finding out that Natalie from Canned Fashion has a job there as a fashion writer. What is this mysterious world of fashion writing outside of magazines that no-one has told me about? And when can I get a job doing it?

I'd love to write copy about Isabel coats and me & ro jewellery and repetto ballet flats all day long. And get staff discount and whatever lovely store I happened to find myself at. Where can I sign up for that job?

X
You have read this article future / gaia repossi / garance dore / jewelry / me / rings / work / writing / YSL with the title double trouble. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/12/double-trouble.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...