hard working


one to four: Thursday Sunday's Melbourne studio, mood boards and knitting details from Portable // five and six: Where They Create details from Badlands // seven and eight: Bernadette Pasqua and Andrew Stinton's apartment on Design Sponge // nine and ten: my room, photographs by me


I love looking at pictures of the studios of young, hip creatives. It's semi of a guilty pleasure, considering how many Selby-esque bookmarks litter my laptop (freunde von freunden, work place and other people's houses to name but a very, very few) or how excited I've been to follow the "working girl" posts on Garance's blog. It's partly the desire to take inspiration, being somewhat of a young creative myself (not hip though, oh no), to see how other people do it, how they inspire themselves to do work with flowers, or cups of tea, or clean, white walls. My creative space is equal parts my bed, or leaning against my wardrobe sitting on my floor or - if the house is empty - my glorious dining room table. This table comes from an English boarding school - it's an old rec from their mess hall, and it has the nicks and scratches to prove it. I love how long it is, it can fit loud, noisy groups of 12 people or more, crowded around its edges, sharing food and drink and smiles. But I love it more when it's just me, and I've got books and notes spread out across its wide expanse, and a tall glass of water or maybe a steaming mug of tea and I lean back in my chair and I get ready to write. It's not glamorous - there's no Philippe Starck ghost chairs - but it works, it really does.

I love the look of Thursday Sunday 's Melbourne studio, timber floors and tall windows and natural fibres. I love the two tins of tomatoes and the packet of spaghetti resting on top of them - important elements to a successful studio indeed. I can't wait to ha ve a studio of my own where I can stick up moodboards with uneven pieces of masking tape and sit at a big wooden desk with a bunch of fresh flowers and put pen to paper. I really want to get my hands on a copy of Where They Create for that reason. A whole book of creative inspiration? Talisa has it and I've leafed through her copy briefly but I definitely need one of my own. And Bernadette Pasqua of Decade Diary's apartment? Well that's been quite firmly filed under inspiration for the future. Oh, to have an apartment in New York and fill it with all your things, your favourite things, your special things, special by virtue of the fact that they are all your own. That is truly a dream work space.

X
You have read this article apartment / australia / houses / inspiration / photos / pictures / work with the title hard working. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/12/hard-working.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...