casual gal


Usually, when magazines do profiles of different girls, I never fall into one of their "types". The "fashion" type ends up being way too conceptual for me, the "girly" one takes my penchant for macarons a step too far, the "bad girl" likes to dance on tables and do all the things I never even dream of, and don't even get me started on their so-called "good" girls. I always wonder, do girls even fall into these carefully elucidated brackets? Well, for once, I don't have to wonder. In this month's Elle UK, that explores the world of workwear, I am firmly and unashamedly, 100 percent represented in a page. 

The "Casual Girl", the last of the work wear types, has me down to a tee. Long skirts, layered tops, simple neutrals, statement jewellery, pared back bags, comfy flats. A girl who, even though she loves fashion doesn't let it rule her life. That couldn't describe me more even if I had written it myself. Easy, simple clothes for easy simple living. Of course, the Elle girl wears hers to work - apparently someone who DOESN'T work in fashion or creative industries (which I am looking at, being writing prone etc), but more of an office chick looking to shake up the tried and tested uniform of suit jackets and power lapels. My 'casual girl' wardrobe is restricted to, well, casual wear only as at work I must wear all black (boring boring boring). I am, however, most definitely casual. At all times. I have been known to wear a sweatshirt to a club. I'm just not one to bother with theatrics. if I love something I'll wear it whenever, regardless of protocol and uniform restrictions. Smart Casual/Dressy means nothing to me. What means something to me is dressing the way you feel. But still, I am so excited to fall into a magazine bracket. Finally, I'm fitting in!


Monday 

Tuesday

 
Wednesday 


Thursday


Friday
 
X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / elle uk / fashion / magazines / me / outfit / outfits / pictures / polyvore / style with the title casual gal. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/12/casual-gal.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...