happy birthday to me!

the cobrasnake


There is something so uplifting about donuts, isn't there? I've never met anyone who has failed to be cheered by those cakey, sugary rounds of goodness. When I was first becoming friends with my best mate Frances, we used to skip out on our boring medieval history lectures to go to donut king and gossip over thickshakes and an array of baked goods. It's my birthday today, and my family have made a tower of krispy kremes. Not chic, classic macarons or hip cupcakes, but trashy, crass, in your face krispy kremes. And it's put a huge smile on my face - despite everything I said yesterday about my birthday being a bit bluesy this year. To tell you the truth, I don't even rate Krispy Kremes that much (give me a classic iced donut anyday), but there is something about that just warm, greasy krispy kreme donut that makes you proud to be alive. Not everyday mind, but sometimes, you need a little bit of pure trash in your life. And that's why you click onto the cobrasnake, and drink beer, and eat donuts and watch soap operas. And if you can't be trashy on your birthday, then when can you? 

Happy birthday me, 20 years young.

X
You have read this article birthday / celebration / food / me / party / photos / pictures with the title happy birthday to me!. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/12/happy-birthday-to-me.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...