surprise!



After a long day at work, punctuated by visits from friends and by-the-slice crust pizza (mmmm peri peri chicken), there is nothing more fantastic than coming home to find surprise presents in your room. Some of them are from my best friend, who is about to jet off to abu dhabi and new york of all places and have a wonderful white christmas. She left bags full of early birthday and christmas goodies - from a box of delicious chocolates from my favourite paddington chocolate shop, a notebook that covers 5 years on each page, so that you can look back over the years to see what you were thinking/doing/believing on the exact same day, and the most incredible smelling candle by Penhaligons from my second home Lands End. She really spoiled me rotten, and I can't wipe the smile from my face as I arrange my little gifts on my dressing table. And, not only that, but my parents had arranged a surprise for me too. They had fitted a chandelier in my room!! I couldn't believe it (And apparently almost spoiled the surprise when I came home early this morning, but I didn't go into my room, so the secret was safe). Even though my birthday is not till Christmas Eve, they could only get the electrician to come today, so there it was, shining brightly from the roof when I flicked the light on, a complete and utter surprise. I have always wanted a chandelier, even though they are just a teeny bit silly. I can't believe I have my very own one hanging from the roof - I'll have to be careful from now on not to whack it with my hands haha. What wonderful surprises!

X
You have read this article birthday / celebration / lands end / me / presents with the title surprise!. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/12/surprise.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...