vive la reine!

Vogue Paris August 2008

I remember this editorial so well. I searched high and low for the Vogue Paris August 2008 issue for a glimpse of this - Carine Roitfeld's finger to the fur industry, an up yours in defence of fashion and all things fabulous. I'm abivalent about fur, I have to admit, but there was something about this editorial that was invigorating, and exciting and just a little bit cheeky. I loved it, and it still remains one of those editorials that sticks in my mind, to the extent that when I heard that Carine Roitfeld had resigned from Vogue Paris last night, all I could think about was this editorial. Will her successor have the guts to do this kind of thing? Will they have the class? Will they have the glamour? 

I've always said that Vogue Paris is just like any of the other Vogues. They use the same models over and over again (lara, Daria, Raquel, Lily, Eniko, please stand up), a lot of the shoots have the same content, theme or ideas, and every month has that same feel, no matter the theme - that same sizzling eroticism and high-octane glamour. Vogue US has its preppiness, Vogue UK its aristocracy - Paris its sex. Yes, Vogue Paris is just like any of the other Vogues stuck in its own bubble. With one tiny difference.

It might do the same thing over and over again. But it does it bloody well. 

X
You have read this article carine roitfeld / editorial / fashion / inspiration / models / photos / pictures / vogue paris with the title vive la reine!. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/12/vive-la-reine.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...