what are you doing new year's eve?

But in case I stand one little chance
Here comes the jackpot question in advance:
What are you doing New Year's
New Year's Eve? 

Teresa Palmer in Harper's Bazaar Australia April 2010


New Year's Eve in Sydney is pretty spectacular. The harbour bridge - our instantly recognisable icon, our Eiffel Tower - is lit up with millions of dollars of fireworks that each year try to out do each other. The whole harbour becomes this sea of sparkles and colours and smoke, and even though it only lasts 15 minutes, it seems to go for a whole year, reminding us of what has just ended, and what is about to begin. Welcome 2011. I'm excited for 2011, a lot of things are going good in my life right now - I have a lot to be thankful for. And i'm excited to see where the next year will take me. At the end of the month I'm off to Edinburgh, Paris, London and beyond - funds permitting. And from then on, it's 3rd year of university (3rd year! really!!), internships, writing, seeing, living. Last year I made a resolution to try and live a bit more this year. To take more time out to have fun, to pause, to not worry so much, to just enjoy everything. I'm not sure that I totally lived up to that resolution. I still worry, I still get stressed out (a lot), I still have that very Capricorn tendency to overthink things. But, and here's the thing, I did try. So this year, I am going to make a resolution to try to enjoy the simple things. Life doesn't have to be about grand gestures. I want to make sure I appreciate the beauty in simplicity this year. Let's see how I fare.

Thank you to everyone who came to my blog this year - you are the people who have made this year what it was. I hope you have a great new years eve and start to 2011. I hope you had a drink for me. Onwards and upwards!

X
You have read this article celebration / me / party with the title what are you doing new year's eve?. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-are-you-doing-new-year-eve.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...