lashings of mascara



I have loved Jen Brill ever since I saw her in itsy-bitsy denim cut offs in i-D magazine way back when, a real australian making it in fashion. And she's half chinese. I thought, if she can do it - be australian and successful and half chinese - then so can I. And she also had the most perfect red-lipstick-ed pout I'd ever seen. Well, you can imagine my excitement this morning when I logged onto Into the Gloss and found that she was featured in my favourite section - Top Shelf, where we are given sneak peaks into the make up cupboards of fashion professionals. I love her neatly organised make up - tons of chanel, of course, I love that she uses an old Diptyque candle as an eyeliner holder (what an idea!), I love that she says that all she really does is use a smidge of foundation as concealer and tons of mascara - something I do. I love that she shares the secrets of her favourite red lippy (MAC Ruby Woo), and I love that she wears Chanel Beige, a perfume that I've been spritzing over myself at work the past couple of weeks. I love that she uses Cetaphil as a cleanser, I love that she has a staple beauty routine - red lips, red nails, tousled hair fresh from a bun - and I love that at night time she adds a little sparkle. She has that kind of make up effortlessness that people spend thousands of dollars trying to get with face creams and illuminating foundation and ten different kinds of eye shadow. Funny, really, that all it takes is some mascara, a red lipstick and a couple of bobby pins.

But what I love most is that Into The Gloss has shared all this with us. A little bit because now I've got a brand new list of tips and products to try out when I have a bit of spare cash in my pocket, but mostly because I do some of these things too (hello cetaphil! hello scrunching up wet hair to give it bounce). I think I love Jen Brill even more now!

X
You have read this article beauty / chanel / Jen Brill / make up / nars / photos / pictures with the title lashings of mascara. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/12/lashings-of-mascara.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...