all in the fold



On the weekend I worked at the Benah studio sale with Talisa. We had a lot of fun helping people try on silk scarves, cashmere beanies and beautiful bags, as well as some visits from friends and fellow bloggers like Jessie and Sophia. I'm terrible at tying scarves, but lately I've been experimenting with some different styles, especially since I picked up a couple at the sale. They were all so beautiful, how could I resist? I'll show you some photos of the other scarves another time, but this one is my favourite. It's the spectrum scarf in olive green, a cotton number with geometric line patterns across it in red and black. The material is so light and it drapes perfectly when tied up at the back of the neck. I really love this kind of tie. It was a proper discovery while experimenting in front of my mirror. I tried a few different ones but this one rang the truest with my style. It seems the least contrived in the way I tie it. I don't know how the french women do it, but every time I fix a scarf I look like I spent a lot of time fixing that scarf. And most of the time I do, but I don't want to look like I have. Hmmph. The Eternal Dilemma Rises Again; effortlessness vs the appearance of effortlessness. In other news, I'm also still loving the double cuff. These two beauties are the Benah kodi cuffs in red nubuck. This summer I'm going to commit to wearing scarves more over loose knits and cotton tee shirts. They are a tricky accesory, but there are so many ways to wear them it's almost lazy not to give it a go. Watch this space!

X

You have read this article benah / clothes / clothing / jewelry / me / outfit / outfits / shopping with the title all in the fold. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/09/all-in-fold.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...