Circle Pit


I don't always share my work here because I think this whole blog is my work, and you don't really need to see more of it. But I'm particularly proud of this so just let me indulge myself for a second. A month ago or so now my friend Hayley (and fellow collaborator over at On the Streets of Sydney) contacted me and asked me if I wanted to write an article to accompany a shoot she was doing with a band called Circle Pit for Fashion Journal. I originally balked at the idea - I'm not the biggest music gal on the planet. But I really wanted to test myself and see what I could do. I ended up being so surprised and facinated by the world of music writing. As with any of the arts, music is such a subjective thing that not "knowing" how to "write" about music isn't a problem per se, because there is no proper way to write about music. What ensued was I visited the shoot, got to watch Hayley hard at work and talked to Angie and Jack about inspiration and creativity and making things - be it artwork, photographs, film or music. It was a really great interview and I enjoyed writing the piece a lot. I wouldn't mind doing another one! 

Australians can pick up Fashion Journal free from boutiques - I know the Corner Shop has a couple if anyone was interested. Otherwise you can always check it out on their website.

X
You have read this article australia / me / music / sydney / writing with the title Circle Pit. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/09/circle-pit.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...