up top



I'm not going to lie. I haven't been particularly grabbed by anything this NYFW. I didn't mind the techy florals and mesh panels at Alexander Wang (but there was no minty wang moment, I assure you), I guess some of the monochromatic looks at The Row were okay, there was something special to the slouch at Rag and Bone. But, you know, eh. I'm holding out hopes for tomorrow though. Proenza Schouler and 3.1 Phillip Lim are both here to save the day! To be honest, the best thing I've seen yet - after sifting through mountains and mountains of online coverage - has been these hats from the DKNY collection. I know I've said before that I want a hat with a stiff brim, but the fun, flopsy shape of these guys is making me rethink a little. I love how the floppiness of these hats corresponds to the general slouch of the collection. Oversized, drapey and simple - we're talking silk shirts and midi skirts and tapered pants and boxy tee shirts. Just my kind of thing, in my kind of colour palette. And a floppy sun-hat just looks so right. I think this summer is going to be about exaggerated shapes in clean, block colours with minimal accessories and maximum simplicity. Try saying that 3 times fast!

X
You have read this article fashion / hats / inspiration / New York / new york fashion week / photos / pictures / shopping / summer / want with the title up top. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/09/up-top.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...