red wine



1. Isabel Marant Idea Coat and APC sandals
2. Celine classic envelope bag and Acne Paper Issue 12
 3. Acne Zorah tee shirt
4. My favourite pants stolen from my mum, Celine tri-pochette and NARS velvet matte lip pencil in Damned
5. Two Penguin Great Loves covers
6. Shots on my inspiration wall, first is from Harper's Bazaar Australia August 2011 and the second is from Vogue UK July 2011

Everyone I've been talking to lately is really feeling burgundy and navy blue. Not just any shades, mind, I'm talking the richest, deepest of wines paired with a real french navy - dark and ambiguous and much, much more interesting than black. The two together play off the other's mysteriousness and work together to create a look that, although it draws on the principles of mixing jewel tones (luxury, extravagance, opulence), actually can be quite casual, easy and oh so simple. It's letting colours speak for you - unfussy silhouettes in such a beautiful colour combination makes a very real impact. I can't wait to sit around this Spring in my wine-coloured Acne tee shirt and favourite navy blue pants and a pair of simple strappy sandals. And that's it. Winter's great for adding interest to an outfit through layering, but in Summer I always revert to unfussy dressing in simple separates. It's just easier that way. I really think that burgundy and blue is going to be the colour combination of the season. The best thing is that although it's primarily a dark winter pairing, it will work easily in the Southern Hemisphere as long as you use light fabrics - semi-sheer cottons and gauzy linens. I know this isn't exactly a new thing. As always, Phoebe Philo was there first. But still. It's literally all I can think about at the moment. Talisa can't stop thinking about it either. We had lunch today and all we talked about was burgundy and blue and the acne drape and how both of us wanted to do a post on burgundy. We've both fallen for burgundy Isabel coats and rich navy blue sweaters. Great minds think alike, right?

X

You have read this article acne / celine / clothes / clothing / colour / fashion / inspiration / isabel marant / me / nars / outfit / outfits / style with the title red wine. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/09/red-wine.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...