mood

nude, peachy sunglasses like these perfect frames from Something Else by Natalie Wood // elizabeth of moveslightly's wonderful collection of delicate jewellery, a ring on each finger // the Benah Ryder sandal, getting me excited for summer // fresh-faced Gemma Ward, suede skirts and fresh fruit from my favourite tumblr // cool girl photographers like Leslie who get down on the ground to shoot in their new balance and skinny jeans // the open road


Just some things I'm loving right now. On the weekend a few friends of mine from school went on a 6 hour road trip to the country property of a friend of ours for her 21st. It was a sit-down dinner for 50 or so, with tables groaning with food arranged in a marquee, old milk bottles filled with fresh flowers, two bountiful bowls of punch (and accompany glass tea cups!) and a dance-floor complete with the most incredible music, from Party Up In Here by DMX (the best party song ever) to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye and Love Shack. Classic. I suited up, as per, and it was really fun to wear it with a tee shirt and sandals, to twist my hair back into a bun and add a slick of neutral lipstick. Later in the night I flung my jacket over a chair and sat down with a few girls I hadn't seen since school ended three years ago (three years ago! can you believe that!!) and talked and talked and talked about what has happened, and what has changed, and what has stayed the same. We ended the night losing it to Get Low by Lil Jon, legitimately our go-to pump-up song at school (wasn't it everyone's?) and it was so perfect. The whole weekend was perfect, really. From our ride (my friend's car broke down, so we took her mum's capacious interior, seat-warming soccer mum Volvo instead, win!), to the green and yellow that surrounded us everywhere we looked on the road, to the fresh country air, to the bacon and egg breakfast that awaited us as we emerged from swags, stiff and just a little hungover the next morning. I think at the moment I'm all about things that come naturally and easily. Fresh faces, sandals that mould to your feet, sitting cross legged in a park, running shoes, lazing around. Oh, it's uni break. I'm pretty chill at the moment.
You have read this article benah / blogging / gemma ward / inspiration / jewelry / me / mood / paris / shoes / travel with the title mood. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/09/mood.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...