wallflowers

1: candice lake for sportsgirl, 2: street fsn, 3: tommy ton for style.com


I think certain street style high-fashion trends are becoming over exposed (neon brights! pattern blocking! lady like!) and because they're not really my thing, I love looking at the background of street style photos for inspiration. Often in that busy blur there is an outfit too simple to stand out, too quiet and reserved to grab the attention of the eyes of over-saturated street-style photographers. Juxtaposed against Mary Katranzou and Anna Dello Russo and Givenchy rottweilers they just seem a bit boring. Well, boring's good for me. I like boring. I like simple straight leg jeans and bretons, burgundy knitwear and long black skirts, loose shirts and trench coats. I think with the plethora of street style photographers out there it is easy to forget that their shots represent an opinion and not an authority. Somewhere in between patterned palazzo pants and thigh-high splits lies a simple grey sweatshirt and a pair of jeans. And if I had a camera and a talent and an eye, I would take a picture of that girl. But for now I'm reliant on Vanessa and Maya to do it for me.

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / colour / denim / fashion / fashion week / inspiration / New York / new york fashion week / photos / pictures / street style / street-style / tommy ton with the title wallflowers. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/09/wallflowers.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...