all white

streetfsn

All-white and monochromatic looks are becoming increasingly more intriguing to me at the moment. I've been wearing a lot of black on black - I know, I know!! I said I hated that and only ever wore it at work - as I have this great acne drapey tunic that looks kind of toga-esque when tucked into my midi skirt. I guess it's about creating texture and interest when you wear all one colour. It shouldn't be one dimensional, indeed, if it is it means you haven't thought enough about what you're wearing. Often this is said to be style's cardinal sin; over-thinking your outfit. But when it comes to monochrome it is all about the careful balance between looking like a pantone colour sheet and looking like Taylor Tomasi Hill. It's easy to create interest and dimension to an outfit when you mix textures or include drapes or throw in accessories in contrast colours. What is an inherently simple look becomes complex through a few added extras. I like this outfit a lot. I like the glimpse of tummy between the raggy shirt and the tied skirt. I like how the crisp folds of starchy white shirt-material create shadows and tucks and folds. I like that Hermes bucket bag, a little grubby and a lot loved. I like the simple accessories and the mark that elastic bands leave against the skin. What I like most? When I saved this photo I only did it because I wanted to rhapsodise about one-colour dressing. I didn't even know it was her.

X
You have read this article colour / New York / new york fashion week / photos / pictures / stevie dance / street style / street-style / style / stylists / white with the title all white. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/09/all-white.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...