highs and lows



I am probably the world's biggest advocate for flat shoes. I could say that it's a feminist thing, or comfort thing, or a lazy thing, but the truth is I just can't/don't like to walk in heels. I don't like how they make me feel uneasy. I was reading an article today about the "secrets" of being french (any french readers, please look away now, you're about to be bombarded by cliche and I apologise forthwith). One of the tips was wearing flats. French women walk a lot to get incidental exercise and to explore their city. It's something I've always wanted to do more of considering I sometimes get a sneaky bus from my house 4 stops to the good newsagent. Wearing flat shoes all the times seems to me like a good encouraging factor to get out there and just walk. And besides, they're really unfussy and simple and so, so easy. I abhor anything that is difficult. No matter how you feel about clothes, difficult is one thing they should never be.

I've recently been wanting a pair of tan leather ballet flats. I have black ones and they suit me fine, but a nice caramel coloured pair would be oh so perfect for summer. I always wear through my ballet flats like it's nobody's business. But my repetto black ones have lasted a treat - I even wear them to work. They were definitely worth the investment and I'm glad I took the plunge. These look like Repetto BBs, don't you think? I wouldn't mind a pair of those in a tobacco kind of colour.

X
You have read this article ballet / france / paris / photos / pictures / shoes / shopping / want with the title highs and lows. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/09/highs-and-lows.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...