casual girl

"Then she looked at Adamsberg, who was not drawing but was sitting with his legs outstretched, one hand in his trouser pocket, the other holding a cigarette in his fingertips and seeming so disorganised and nonchalant that it was hard to know how to approach him. But Mathilde sensed that he was quite capable of doing his job, even looking that, or perhaps especially when looking like that." 

The Chalk Circle Man, Fred Vargas






So the quote is from a book that has nothing whatsoever to do with fashion - it's a French mystery novel that's a little bit kooky, but I'm quite enjoying it. This quote leapt off the page when I read it, and even though it's not strictly about style per se, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I feel I throw people with my casual style sometimes. There really are no bells and whistles with the way I dress - apart from the odd drape it's all straightforward. For example, this is probably my favourite outfit. I know, I know. It's kind of boring. But this huge jumper from decjuba of all places is the perfect shade of oatmeal (distressed oatmeal, like the jumpers Matthew wears in the 44 Scotland street novels. Anyone? Anyone? ha), and my Bassike tee shirt is so soft and that black skirt is infallible. After years - and I mean years - of searching for the ultimate black midi I ended up finding one in the back of my mum's wardrobe that fit my bill. Problem solved! I add some strappy k.jacques sandals and my Celine bag for a point of difference, to use Lin's phrase, but that's it really. I'm quite disorganised and nonchalant by nature, a little bit scruffy. But I like it that way. I'm comfortable, and I can get the job done. It's not a look that lands me on street style blogs or that garners the most attention amongst my circle of friends - but it makes me happy. And now I'm a little older I realise that that's what matters, really.

X
You have read this article bags / books / celine / clothes / clothing / fashion / knitwear / long skirts / me / outfit / outfits / quotes / shoes / style with the title casual girl. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/09/casual-girl.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...