so sweet and so cold

"This is just to say" by William Carlos Williams // the fresh flower display outside Poho in Potts Point // Dried fig and cinnamon granola with fresh strawberries, banana, yoghurt and honey at Room 10 in Potts Point // Lamb, avocado and caramelised onion sandwich at youeni provides // the back garden at the Acne store in Paddington


"This is just to say" by William Carlos Williams is a lovely poem. It reminds me of a note my brother once left me. "I bought you chocolate covered snakes" it said, and then next to it was a crumpled paper bag. Scrawled at the bottom of the note with sticky-fingered guilt was "sorry you took too long getting home I ate them". Spring is here and my house is filled with fresh fruit and vegetables because my mum went to the farmer's markets. I like Spring. I like Spring for the same reasons that I like Autumn. It's less extreme than summer and winter. It doesn't take itself seriously. It's happy to be a bit camp and bit over the top. And it's so, so beautiful.

X
You have read this article acne / flowers / food / me / poetry / spring / summer / weather / writing with the title so sweet and so cold. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/09/so-sweet-and-so-cold.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...