bathing beauty

Terry O'Neill


My best friend has always loved Audrey Hepburn. When we were at school she cropped her hair short and made us listen to The Doors and plastered posters of Audrey Hepburn, Jim Morrison, Bob Dylan all over her peach-coloured walls. I remembered going to her house to smoke sneaky cigarettes at 2 in the morning (she and I lived within streets of each other, and were buddies as we fetched lemon cheesecake or french cheese from the supermarket for after school snacks) and we would talk about all the things we loved, and play poker, and listen to music, and think the world of ourselves. She is the coolest person I know and yet she doesn't have an ounce of pretense about her. Everything is refreshingly and undeniably real. And I think she's just like Audrey. She has more innate style and wit than anyone I know, and she has impeccable taste, and she is earthy and fun, despite seeming aloof to those who don't know her. I saw these pictures of Audrey in the pool and I was reminded how, after all the Roman Holidays, the Breakfast at Tiffanys and all that, Audrey was still able to step away from Hollywood and just be herself. There are not many stars with what is an equivalent level to her fame who can do that successfully. Getting caught up in the confusion of Hollywood is all too easy. These pictures are so sunny and carefree and totally unburdened. I guess my New Year's resolution would be to be more like this. Playful. Un-Phased. Easygoing.

It's raining and sad in Sydney, and I wish that it was sunny again as it is supposed to be -as it was yesterday! I've been reading guidebooks and they always talk about the weather; what you should pack, what each season is like. I wonder what it says in the guidebook for sydney... Pack everything? Make like a boy scout and Be Prepared? Ah... Rain rain go away, come again another day. 

X
You have read this article audrey hepburn / cold / films / friends / me / movies / photos / pictures / summer / weather with the title bathing beauty. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/01/bathing-beauty.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...