bringing it home



One of my friends posted this on my facebook with the caption - "I expect this exact photo to be emailed to me during your trip". As many of you know (because I bloody talk about it every second post), I'm about to go to Europe for a month. And I'm really excited. And even though I am travelling with a modest, maybe a little too modest amount, I have set aside a little bit of money for shopping. When I travel I love to buy one special thing, whether it be extravagant or not, that reminds me of my trip and will always be a symbol of the good times that I had. When I was in New York in February of last year, surprising one of my best friends who lives there and attending fashion week and just generally having a fabulous time I bought a YSL ring as a treat to myself. I wear it almost every day and every time I see it, I think of that trip and how much fun I have on it. I'm not sure what I'm going to bring home this trip, but I do have my eyes on those celine cuffs or maybe something from IM? It'll be a late birthday present to myself, and the perfect start to a new university year (beginning just 12 hours after my flight arrives back into sydney, eek!)

On the note of shopping, however, I'd love to hear any recommendations from you all for shopping tips in Edinburgh, London, Paris and Venice (the cities I'll be visiting). Even though I've been before I would love to hear your favourite haunts - shops, bars, cafes, restaurants, touristy gimmicky things and all the like - because I'm always open to suggestions. I'm in the feverish planning stage right now, laying all my maps out over long tables and X-marking-the-spot for where I want to go. I would love to add onto there your favourites!

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / europe / jewelry / london / me / paris / photos / pictures / presents / shopping with the title bringing it home. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/01/bringing-it-home.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...