burning desire

style.com


I love when Dead Fleurette does her wardrobe planning posts. They give us a window into the planning process of someone else - how they go about preparing the perfect capsule wardrobe. She shops with a conviction I've rarely seen, and is remarkably persistent in her pursuit of perfection. I am not half so bold or focused. Something she always says struck home with me, though. She said that every season she has an intense, inexplicable desire for something from Isabel Marant. She can't explain it, she just has to have something from there. I guess that's what I'm like with Celine. I have a burning desire - every season - to have something from that collection. It might be those glorious twin gold cuffs from the last resort collection, or maybe those gold-tipped flat knee high boots from fall 2010. I can't really explain why I love Celine so much - because at the end of the day I'm not nearly as polished or put together as a Celine woman should be. And yet, at the end of the day, I think it comes down to the aspirational quality. With those cuffs, those boots, and this coat from the current pre-fall collection, I could be.

X
You have read this article celine / clothes / coats / fashion shows / phoebe philo with the title burning desire. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/01/burning-desire.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...