Be Italian


Gerard Darel Pull Marilyn
 

Naturally, I'm very interested in pictures of starlets at airports at current. I've travelled a bit, but I always want to improve the way I travel (and the way I dress when I travel). Rachel Bilson - fashion plate that she is, bless - knows how to travel well. Just check it out; chunky o-neck sweater, slightly distressed straight leg jeans, comfy lace up wedge boots, a heavy coat thrown over her arm and an easy-going backpack. It's a throwback to the grungy 90s, and I kind of love it. This trip I'm trying to travel without a suitcase, and am evaluating my wardrobe right now to see if I can fit in a large sportsbag, plus handbag (and maybe small backpack). I just don't think that catching trains with big, unwieldy suitcases is the funnest thing in the world to do. I think that items like these - the wedge boots, the easy pants, the throw-it-on-over-everything sweater - are the perfect building blocks for a winter holiday. I've wanted one of these sweaters ever since Alexa Chung donned an oversized Pringle number in Vogue US. The kind of jumper that you could throw on over a tailored pair of pants or an a-line denim swingy piece, that would go just as easily with ripped cords and a fitted calf-length skirt. Roll the sleeves up when eating a particularly saucy pasta puttanesca, or pull them down over your wrists when the chill picks up. Rachel is wearing the Gerard Darel Pull Marilyn, a re-issue of his famous sweater worn by Marilyn Monroe in The Millionaire. Look at it! Perfect, bracelet length sleeves, that slightly snug, but only slight, fit, those glorious shades of bottle green, panna cotta cream and tomato red. Very Italian - even though Darel is French. But hey, I don't discriminate. If I had one of these beautiful jumpers I'd wear it in Paris too.


X
You have read this article celebrity / clothes / clothing / cold / italy / rachel bilson / travel with the title Be Italian. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/01/be-italian.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...