I left my heart in Paris


I keep seeing that phrase over and over on Tumblrs and blogs recently and I'm like pshhawww get over it. Just go to Youeni or something and have a sandwich. But now Talisa has gone and posted about it and I kind of think maybe I left my heart in Paris, too. She linked to a blog called thank you, ok, which did a lovely post on eating in the 9th arondisement including the Rose Bakery. I had a glorious meal there when in Paris, and I think to tell you the truth I left my heart with that carrot cake. I want to go back and eat there again! That fresh produce, which on reflection and further discussion with other Australian friends who have returned from Europe, is not only tastier and juicier than Aussie produce, but also bigger, those smells, those tastes, that coffee (it was good coffee, something that seems an anomaly in France). Whenever I'm overseas and find fantastic little places to eat, drink and be merry I always wish I knew where the equivalent place is in Sydney. The sad thing is, for the Rose Bakery, I don't think there is one. I guess I'll just have to go buy the cookbook... And get my mum, the masterchef to make stuff out of there for me. Thanks mum (she made this cake after I saw it on masterchef and said to her make that black cherry forest cake minion! and she did).

X
You have read this article dreams / food / friends / holiday / paris / photos / pictures / summer / travel with the title I left my heart in Paris. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-left-my-heart-in-paris.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...