to the lighthouse


The rain these past few days has been so intense and unrelenting that everyone is saying that Sydney is in the throes of a Noah-esque apocalypse, Arc and all. I got completely soaked not once but twice today, despite having an umbrella, and struggled as I ran around Sydney in my big IM coat and boots. Unlike France, where the sun was setting at 10 PM, it's getting dark at 4 in the afternoon, and on my way home today a man walked into me completely - I must have blended into the dreary surroundings in brown and grey. Hmmph. I think I definitely need some kind of raincoat, bright and yellow like this one from Turned Out, so that I can make myself be seen in the manner of schoolchildren with shiny shoes and plaited hair, crossing the road on the way home. This picture actually reminds me of that great Fisherman's coat that Stevie has, another piece of outerwear that would have been perfect in this torrential downpour. Not only would you have kept completely dry, but how could you frown when wearing such a fresh colour? It's pretty hard to motivate yourself to do anything in weather like this. I got out of my house primarily in search of food - that primal instinct we all have, right? hunters and gatherers for youeni sandwiches and flat whites - and for afternoon tea with a friend. But rainy weather really takes it out of you, especially when the knee jerk reaction is to retreat back to the confines of your bed and read harry potter.

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / coats / cold / jackets / street style / street-style / sydney / weather / winter with the title to the lighthouse. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/07/to-lighthouse.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...