absolute complete mania









the level of mania that surrounds tamila purvis and melanie kamsler's jewellery label the maniamania is absolutely insane. you all know i'm bonkers for them - jewellery is my thing, and their rough, raw, and utterly magnificent pieces are right up my alley - and I can't tell you the amount of times I have been stopped in the street as people ask questions about my 'immortals' pendant. I think it's something to do with how natural their jewellery seems to be. It is almost as if they sprung, fully formed, onto wrists, around necks, and on fingers. You can imagine that in some forgotten, wasted part of a desert there is a cave in which these crystals grow from the sand within gilded cages, attached to soft suede ties and... I'm getting carried away. That's what good jewellery does to you. It infects your mind till all you can think about is necklaces, and rings, and burnished bronze cuffs with a hunk of quarts the size of your fist in the middle. 

Natural, and yet being jewellery, and being oversized and overstated, still like costume. That is the best thing about jewellery. no matter how simple, no matter how elegant, jewellery is always - and will always - be adornment. They can be as natural as a woven grass bracelet, but they will still be something extra that you add. And as such they become an important part of modern dressing. Where would women be without jewellery. Our Modern Armour. Putting my various pieces of jewellery - jordy askill pendant, YSl ring, the maniamania necklace, topshop chain, chinatown star bracelet - has become ritual to me almost as mindless and natural as washing my face. People always ask me whether my YSL ring feels weird on my finger being so heavy, but I tell them the truth. I'm used to it. As cliche and silly as it sounds, I don't notice it anymore, almost as if it's become a part of me. That's what good jewellery does to you - engagement rings, crucifixes, friendship bracelets - it merges seamlessly with yourself until you are quite unsure as to how you lived without it. 

Bambi Northwood-Blyte, model of the moment, stars in this new lookbook for the maniamania, and looks absolutely incredible doing it. She's an Aussie model with huge buzz, and with that face (and those brows) it's pretty clear why. If you look at these pictures she has about a million pieces of jewellery on, but she doesn't look like she's wearing anything at all. She looks natural. She looks like she was born to wear the maniamania. This isn't isolated to a lookbook though, in heightened, photoshoot circumstances. Every girl I see wearing a maniamania piece (including a girl in the sunday papers today, talking about how turbans are the new fashion trend) look absolutely comfortable in their jewellery. Comfortable and happy. 

How could you not be, with jewellery like that?

X
You have read this article editorial / jewelry / models / photos / pictures / style / want with the title absolute complete mania. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/06/absolute-complete-mania.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...