ready to EAT


One of my most cherished memories of London was going to the Pret-A-Portea at the Berkeley Hotel. My mum had heard about it in one of her cooking magazines and knew that it was right up my alley - combining pastry and afternoon tea with fashion fashion fashion. I loved biting into a little YSL le smoking biscuit, and a petit four in the shape of a hermes birkin. It was fun and frivolous and set in the surrounds of one of the worlds most beautifully designed hotels - visit the blue bar if you don't believe me, it redefines the word 'exquisite' - it was incredible. On Mastchef on Sunday the contestants had to 'invent' a pastry inspired by the imperial crown to become part of the Langham's historic High Tea presentation, voted best in London. But my mum and I thought, I guess they haven't been to the Berkeley. Because that afternoon trumps them all (and trust me, we've had a lot of afternoon teas). And seeing the pictures of the new season 'collection' for the afternoon tea is making my mouth water. A chanel Clog cake, Erdem dress biscuit and paul smith pannacotta... The only thing better would be the real deal, methinks.

X
You have read this article bags / chanel / fashion / food / london / pictures / shoes / travel with the title ready to EAT. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/06/ready-to-eat.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...