smile.

In the midst of take home exams and extra work shifts and getting ready to pack it all in to become a hermit, i woke up this morning to find something that could put a huge smile on my face. Vanessa Jackman, whom i met during fashion week and, well, i suppose the correct term is "hung out with", posted a couple of pictures of me on her blog. It was great fun to meet her after being such a fan of her photos - you'll find them illustrating my posts - and getting to hear all about her take on returning to Sydney after living in London for so long. We have similar memories and fond experiences of Sydney - she is a huge fan of Potts Point having lived there, and I have spent a lot of time in that underrated neighbourhood of sydney - what can I say, they have the good shops - And i was glad to tell her all I could about my neighbourhood Paddington. I worried that she might have thought we were a little bit crazy, my friends and I practically bombarded her with questions about london and about fashion and about the people she's photographed and what her travel plans were, and she answered them with such good grace and with that quintessential aussie smile. She's said some truly lovely things about me on her blog and, being such a huge fan of hers, I am honoured and humbled indeed. Vanessa was a friendly face for us among the sea of black bondage shoe clad fashion warriors during the week, and I thank her so much for that! Any way, here are the pictures, without further ado:



I've never had to do this before - i guess i should identify what i'm wearing haha!

okay picture 1 - opening ceremony coat (from Lands End, my absolute favourite store), bonds sweatshirt, the mania mania necklace, jag belt, my mum's skirt, my dad's socks, sportsgirl boots.

picture 2 - bonds sweatshirt, yves saint laurent trench coat, ray ban sunglasses, sass and bide necklace, yves saint laurent ring ("sucker weighs a god dang tonne", in the words of that kid from the mummy returns), easton pearson skirt, chanel ballet flats. 


I watched out of africa last night when "studying" and cried like a baby. that movie gets me every single damn time, and it also makes me want to find some safari fash and wear it everywhere. I'm thinking of digging out my old safari jacket - i have it somewhere - and pairing it with some long line structured skirts (like my checked one seen above) for that Karen Blixen look. The film also makes me want to end every post with a line from Housman. What a great poet he was!

To rose-lip't maidens and light foot lads. 

X
You have read this article fashion / fashion week / films / me / movies / poetry / street style / sydney with the title smile.. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/06/smile.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...