right about now



the sartorialist


Something somewhat akin to this is my dream outfit. If you just lengthen the dress a little to an inch or two above her grey socks and let's call it a day. All my favourite elements are here - an easy, breezy, slouchy as anything jacket, a belted tunic (I'd even accept the addition of a skirt to this outfit, actually, if you wanted to keep the shirt length as it is), bare legs and a pair of simple shoes. I even roll my ankle a little like this in photos of me, too. What I love most are the colours - the perfect mix of nutty browns and caramel-y toffees with a slash of washed out red. Slightly mannish, slightly gamine, all sophistication and elegance. I like how her sleeves have been rolled up - I never wear my jackets to their full length. And as someone who is loath to wear a pair of tights, bare legs are my best friend, even in the depths of winter I try and stick it out as much as I can. On me an outfit such as this would come out a little more mish-mash - I'm more likely to have my hair loose and ragged rather than pulled back and chic - but the overall goal is the same. An outfit that is easy, breezy and beautiful. Simple, with very little effort involved. Right about now, that's all I want. 

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / fashion / fashion week / photos / pictures / street style / style / winter with the title right about now. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/06/right-about-now.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...