fur thoughts



If I was to have a fur coat - which is a moot point considering it never gets cold enough in Sydney for a duffel coat, let alone a fur one - but if I was, for arguments sake, to get one, I'd want one just like Carrie's. That collar is absolutely perfect - big and wide and perfect for drawing up around your neck in the cold or letting hang off your shoulders, cape-like. I like that this fur coat would pop up in the series at the most unexpected times. When Carrie was going to the baseball game and didn't want to be under-dressed in case she ran into Big - just add cocktail dress and heels. When she went shopping and returned home to find the Senator on her door step - just add pearls and girlie gingham. In the final episode, in the final scene, when we finally learn Big's name (John, of course!) - just add, well, everything you can imagine, Neon, peep toe, full skirts, tulle, studded belt, and a manolo blahnik bag. I love how Carrie seemed to run around in this fur coat in the mythical New York winters - where it was cold enough for fur, but not enough to wear tights. I hate tights myself, so I am quite fond of this idea. Having experienced a real New York winter I know it's manifestly ludicrous, but it's certainly a nice idea. 

People always talk about how you can wear an item dressed up and dressed down. Well, you can never dress down a fur coat. But who cares, really? If you didn't want glamour, why are you wearing one in the first place? I'm not sure how I feel yet about fur. I don't have a problem with eating meat or wearing leather, so I'm not sure that I should, logically, have a problem with fur. But so far all I can bring myself to buy is the fake stuff. I'm just not sure, which probably means I need to write a pro/con list or have a good natter about it with my sister, who has the answer to every question. But.. and this is a big but. I do like this fur coat. In fact, I love it. It's fabulous! And since Sex and the City first introduced that word to my vocabulary, I think it's reasonable that I use it here. 

What are your thoughts on fur? 

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / fashion / fur / photos / pictures / sex and the city / shopping / style / TV with the title fur thoughts. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/06/fur-thoughts.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...