oranges and apples


style.com and tumblr

Yes, exams are stressful, and yes, they need to be adequately prepared for, but on Wednesday I decided to pack it all in for a day of relaxation and carefree-ness to remind me of what lies on the other side of exam weeks and that life doesn't have to be ruled by mindmaps and biro pens. My friend works at Josh Goot so first of all we stopped off there to try on the new season clothes - I am in desperate need of a new long line jersey grey trench from the Goot line, and my friend tried on the most amazing dress, a powermesh sheath in blush pink and black that hugs her curves and makes her look AMAZING. it is her dress and she needs it. Secondly we went for a spot of magazine shopping, sonoma sandwich munching and chocolate croissant devouring - all from Paddington's 5 ways strip. Then after we all went our separate ways I wandered into Mecca Cosmetica, the exclusive stockists of NARS products in Australia and my favourite make up store. After browsing for about 15 minutes I got to chatting with the make up artist and we discovered a shared passion for everything NARS, New York and nail polish. She then giddily began sharing all the new season product knowledge with me and then sat me down to do my make up "because she just had to". It was so much fun, and took my mind off study, and I left with a brand spanking new NARS velvet matte lipstick pencil in Red Square.


the vogue australia march 2010 cover with abbey-lee. they used m.a.c intermix in orange i think, but the nars red square is just as good. 

Don't let the name fool you, the lipstick is as orange as, well, an orange. Or the NEtherlands teams Jerseys. It is bright, fluro almost, and very in your face. And i love it! i have wanted a proper orange lipstick, not a blue-orange coral like I already have, but an orange, orange, ORANGE lipstick for a while. This one is perfect. It is matte and barely needs any blotting, unlike stick based lipsticks that are creamy and almost glossy in their sheen. The lip pencils are called 'velvet matte' and are just that, velvety smooth and almost stain your lips with colour, which makes them something awful to get off but look absolutely fabulous. With a bare face, a dusting of brown-based blush on my cheeks and thin flicked eyeliner with lashings of mascara (as Gemma put on me in Mecca, the genius that she is), it is the perfect foil for sun-kissed hair and skin. I know that here in Sydney we are in the throes of winter, but it just lights up my face whenever I put this colour on and reminds of warmer days. I even wore it to work yesterday, where it got excited enquiries as to where it's from, what colour it is (orange, darling), and whether I feel like it's too much colour for the day time. To which I respond - absolutely not. It's perfect.


I always think about painting my lips red for that vampy, mad men, sexier than thou look. But at the moment I can definitely say the best, sexiest  thing to do is to paint them orange, baby, orange. 

X
You have read this article colour / lipstick / make up / nars / orange with the title oranges and apples. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/06/oranges-and-apples.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...