bright lights, big city








sienna miller.com

yes, i wish she wasn't back with jude. and yes, i HATED factory girl. And yes, this is just a picspam post and I really should be doing something more productive with my time and giving you an essay on the merits of celebrity or something.. but these photos popped up and I couldn't help but post them. I've said it once I've said it a hundred times - Sienna might not be a great actress but she is one hell of a fashion plate. I can't help but nurse a bit of a soft spot for her considering how much I loved her (oh, how I loved her! I had a whole wall dedicated to 'inspiration' pictures of her outfits) way back when. I think people forget how influential she was, she was the Alexa Chung of 2003-5. Everyone and their mother were dressing in ripped jeans, beaded boleros, cowboy boots and a balenciaga city bag because of her, just like how hoards of girls get up in itty-bitty minis, penny loafers and breton tops because of the Chungster. People forget just how important Sienna Miller was to the zeitgeist back then because of how quickly she was overcome and replaced. It is an important memento mori. Alexa, it could happen to you. I read this article where Sienna said she actually gets papped less now, even though she is more famous. It's very interesting indeed. Just like Alexa she shot to fame at a young age for having done very little indeed other than bed a movie star (in Alexa's case, this is a rock star) and star in a few movies. Now, with superstardom under her belt she is only ever really 'hounded' when she has a sordid affair that the public feels it is their duty to know and comment on. You may have noticed that Alexa is getting papped a lot now, around New York especially. I hope that Alexa manages to emerge on the otherside of fame's fury relatively unscathed, just like Sienna. And her style will only mature because of it.

Oh well. I guess I gave you that essay on celebrity culture after all. I'm off to enjoy the Sydney blue skies before they fritter away. You enjoy Sienna in all her glory. Doesn't she look like she'd be the life of the party? That's the thing about it-girls. They may do very little, but you can't hold the title if you're no fun at all.

X
You have read this article alexa chung / celebrity / photos / pictures / sienna miller with the title bright lights, big city. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/06/bright-lights-big-city.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...