fur real

Not real fur, though. No this post is all faux. Not that I'm against fur - I don't have a strong opinion either way - but I do believe that if you want real fur it is best to buy vintage. Anyway. This post is all about Faux Fur. Faux Fur Gilets, that is. I recently bought one for a steal from cheap chain store and can't take it off. The last time I had a gilet I was deep in the heart of my 'Boho' phase when Sienna Miller was my style icon and I actually owned one of those metal disk belts and cowboy boots. I used to wear a fur gilet over ribbed long sleeve tops and a flowy paisley print skirt and galivant around sydney, aged 14. I can't remember what I did with that gilet, as with so many of my wonderful clothes from that era of my life that I gave away when I moved on - I wish I had kept them. I think one of my biggest flaws is the cyclical nature I deal with things. Once I'm finished with it, I get rid of it and throw it away. I'm not a hoarder. It's like that with my school notes, and it's like that with my clothes. I wish I wasn't, I wish I still had some of those wonderful vintage cowboy boots from back in the day, I spent a pretty penny on them and I could put them to good use now. But oh well, such is life. 

The new gilet in my life is almost identical to the one i had back in the Boho days. a little cropped in those colours of grey and taupe. It is soft as anything and sits flat against the body. It's been adding a little touch to even my most casual looks in that Isabel Marant way. In fact, the whole look is very Isabel Marant. She is, after all, the woman of the rough and tough ethos - you can look just as good in a pair of ripped jeans as you can in a spangly party dress. I don't own anything by Isabel Marant, but I do admire her fashion vision, even if her dressed down/dressed up way of doing things isn't quite to my taste. A fur gilet though? well, that's a bandwagon I can jump on. I can't believe how well it blends into my current wardrobe, without ostensibly having anything in common with any of my clothes. My tunic and long skirt style is more Dries Van Noten than Balmain, but a fur gilet is the perfect foil. It adds a little bit of Parisian Sexy to the mix that I love. It's exactly the item of clothing I've been searching for - something to mix my predictable fashion up a little bit. 

As with anything in life, after a while you can get into a little dressing rut. That's why you have to shake things up. Enter the gilet.





Untitled
topshop beanie, eugenia kim scarf, topshop shirt, witchery gilet, natasha collis necklace, ray ban aviators, angie gooderhamm necklace, toywatch, ann demeulemeester boots, french connection skirt, jordan askill ring, kimberley macdonald bracelet, proenza schouler ps1.





Untitled
allison schiller ring, day birger et mikelson scarf, marni shirt, witchery gilet, lanvin necklace, rolex watch, karen walker sunglasses, charlotte olympia sandals, lanvin skirt, celine bag. 





UntitledFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore
CA4LA beanie, t by alexander wang sweatshirt, witchery gilet, ASOS sunglasses, tom binns cuff, JAD necklace, rolex watch, givenchy sandals, alexander wang skirt, alexander wang bag.




TGIF!

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / fashion / isabel marant / paris / photos / pictures / polyvore / shopping / street style / style with the title fur real. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/06/fur-real.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...