shoes glorious shoes



There were so many things that were good about the Alexander Wang Spring/Summer 2010 show. The plaited side hair that spawned a million hair extensions, the knee high ankle socks that takes us all back to school days, the 'sports-gal' meets 'army-chick' fashion that mixed khaki trench-coats with itty bitty grey marle rugby shorts and sports jerseys with big shoulder pads like a linebacker. "Varsity Pin Up" was Style.com's words for the show, I thought you could have called it "hipster takes the field". I loved how he took the all american ideas of sportswear and turned it into high fashion. Or as high-enough fashion as the lower east side, which is where the vast bulk of alexander wang girls live, stomping around in corseted sweatshirts and drop crotch track suit pants. 

Another great thing about this season were the shoes. The Freja Boots - named after model Freja Beha Erichsen, that androgynous slip of a thing who is apparently Wang's current muse - are incredibly hip. Hip because they have a mirrored heel, a double front zip, a leather fold over, a deep peep toe and a lace that ties the whole thing together. Hip because they just combine every single trend known to mankind, and because they add a little downtown cool to any outfit.  I bought these shoes today for a bargainous steal, and they are not even my normal style or something I would wear, but they are just... INCREDIBLE. I can't stop looking at my feet. They are insane! They turn all my outifts from dowdy into, well, cool. Mine have stripes running down the side, and they contrast so beautifully against my checked skirt. I already have outfits in mind - i think they will be the perfect foil to a long, dowdy a line skirt and my simple bonds sweatshirt with a belted swing coat over the top. I just want to go out now! I want to go out somewhere fabulous and wear my new heels!

Garance Dore once said that she liked to keep her new shoes on her desk the night after she buys them. Right now, sitting in front of the 7 pm project, I have these shoes on my feet. Just chilling. I don't think I'll ever take them off. 

X
You have read this article alexander wang / fashion / fashion shows / fashion week / me / shoes / shopping / style with the title shoes glorious shoes. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/06/shoes-glorious-shoes.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...