BFF






pictures in no particular order - garance dore, the sartorialist, tommy ton for jak and jil, tommy ton for style.com, all the pretty birds, peter stitger, stockholm street style. 


I just cannot get enough of this trio. None of them have a style that is any way shape or form similar to mine, and at the heart of it I don't think that I love pictures of them because of their style. I love to see pictures of them because they are friends - Best Friends (Forever) - and they are always smiling. Yes its Anna Della Russo and yes, she's wearing the new season Prada shoes, and yes, Viviana has a Celine bag that retailed for more than my computer, and yes, Aurora has the most amazing collection of jackets known to mankind... but what I really love about these pictures is the happiness that comes out of them. They are always smiling, wide, happy smiles. They make me happy just looking at them - and it helps that they always wear bright colour. You can't be sad wearing bright colour. They are very Italian, very extravagant and eye-catching, but there is also a simplicity to these pictures too. They are friends. They happen to work together - and they happen to work together in fashion - but at the heart of it they are just friends. 

And what I love about this group of friends - Anna, Viviana Volcipella and Aurora Sansone (what beautiful names!) - is that even though Anna is technically their boss and even though Anna is a fashion Queen, it never looks like they are trying to "out-fash" each other. It never looks forced and it never looks like a competition. Sometimes with friends you can find them competing for looks and bags and shoes... Not with these three. And not with my friends. We've found ourselves in positions where we've bought the same item of clothing, or bought something that the other wanted first, but since we all have such different styles we wear them all in different ways. We never look like a "pack" when we go out together, we never look like we've all gone shopping together at Sportsgirl for out outfits. We are individuals, and friends, at the same time. You can see that in the picture where Viviana and Aurora are both wearing leopard print coats. They wear them completely differently - I love the flash of denim and red poking out of Viviana's. Aurora is much more classic with her 2.55 miniature. They all bought the prada chandelier shoes, but you can see that those shoes mean a variety of things to each woman. That's exactly what I think my friends and I are like. We are so close, and yet so different at the same time. That's what makes it work, I think. 

When I started to put this post together I initially intended to just show you the Garance Dore pics with those incredible prada shoes. But i got carried away when searching for pictures of the three and ended up with these collages. I can't explain it, but they are infectious in their energy and colour and vibrancy. I've never been a huge fan of Anna Dello Russo, but seeing her with Viviana and Aurora has made me re-evaluate how I think about her. She just really loves fashion. And she loves her friends. And you can tell that from every picture. When i said the pictures are infectious, I really mean it. I defy you not to have a smile across your face! I really feel that this kind of Italian style is the most underrated - that colourful, over the top, in your face happiness. It really jumps off the page and engages far more than their French counterparts - classic, elegant dressing has nothing on an Italian smile. I used to frantically refresh Tommy Ton and Garance for pictures of Taylor Tomasi and Yasmin Sewell, but now I think I've got some new faces to watch. It's not even for the clothes - although they are fabulous - but for the energy that they have. You rarely get that from fashion people, especially during the gruelling fashion weeks. 

These pictures make me want to wear colour, eat spaghetti and drink lots and lots of red wine. And they make me want to do all these things with my friends. 

X
You have read this article fashion / fashion shows / friends / garance dore / photos / pictures / street style / stylists with the title BFF. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/06/bff.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...