a room of my own!


"Ive got pretty windows on two sides and I can just glimpse the river sparkling in the distance through them. I've painted all the walls a pale azure to match the water. It's not very big - just a bedroom, sitting room with fireplace and an alcove study - but it's pretty as hell with my things in it. It's sort of vintagey, but not cluttered with junk like some girl's apartments can be in New York. Shoes everywhere is something I'm totally allergic too actually, and I can't really be friends with girls who are into have rails and rails of clothes instead of furniture. I'm into clean vintage, if you get my meaning. I mean, I have this beautiful chandelier I found in Paris in the sitting room, and old photographs and things on the wall, and a soft, pale blue sofa that I lie on and read books for hours, listening to music."

Plum Sykes, Bergdorf Blondes

the selby

I've been doing a lot of this lately. Sitting around in my new and improved room (after getting rid of 3 bits of furniture for the first time in 6 years I have floor space big enough to sit on!), listening to lame, shameful good time tunes like Cee Lo Green's Fuck You and the Far East Movement's Like A G6, jiving around, burning candles and reading books. Decidedly not studying. When the weather is this hot and humid I just can't seem to get in the mood. All I want to do is laze about, eating ice cream, and not doing anything at all. And thankfully my new and improved room is perfect for doing just that. 
X

You have read this article with the title a room of my own!. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/11/a-room-of-my-own.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...