denim dreaming


jak and jil

Lately one wardrobe item has been doing the rounds of my inspiration folders. The denim shirt. Whether it is a summer-tuned number with cut out shoulders and a itsy bitsy collar (Sportsgirl has a knock off as seen in the new RUSSH!), or your classic, well-worn chambray with pristine pearl buttons and sleeves rolled up to the figurative quick. I have many shirts in my wardrobe, many of them great. My acne one in softest pistachio silk is like a second skin, the topshop number I bought on a complete whim has become a wardrobe staple, it's caramel tones and double-faced cotton the perfect foil to dress down any outfit. But the perfect denim shirt still eludes me. I've dabble in my dad's wardrobe, where denim shirts abound in comforting starchiness that will forever remind me of my dad. But they are all too hard against my skin and they don't sit right - not like Holly Garber or Maya Villiger's ones. I've left thrift stores and Vinnies empty handed - not for want to trying - because the shirts are never quite right. They stretch over my chest, or they sit too high, or they don't flare out from the waist the way I like my shirts to do. They are too tight (or, somehow, even worse - too loose), the buttons are ugly, there is no pocket on the front, the sleeves are too closely cut. Just as with jeans shopping, jean shirt shopping is just as hard, the perfect one just as elusive. 

I guess I'll keep looking.

X
You have read this article clothes / clothing / denim / fashion / high street / inspiration / photos / pictures / shirts / street style / street-style / summer with the title denim dreaming. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2010/11/denim-dreaming.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...